Congratulations Venkataraman Ramakrishnan
for making our Nation Proud.
Nobel Prize for Chemistry 2009
If you want to listen to the Interview with Sri Venkataraman Ramakrishnan please do click the following link
Website of the Nobel winner
Venkatraman Ramakrishnan: A profile
For a brief sketch of Ventakaraman Ramakrishnan
Please click on the following site
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, India
|Fields||Biochemistry and Biophysics and Computational Biology|
|Institutions||MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, England, Trinity College, Cambridge|
|Notable awards||Nobel Prize in Chemistry (2009).|
Venkatraman "Venki" Ramakrishnan (Tamil: வெங்கட்ராமன் ராமகிருஷ்ணன்; born 1952) is a structural biologist at the Laboratory of Molecular Biology of the Medical Research Council located in Cambridge, England. He is a Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge. He was awarded the 2009 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, along with Thomas A. Steitz and Ada Yonath.
Early life and education
Venkatraman Ramakrishnan was born in 1952 in Chidambaram in Tamil Nadu, India, where he completed his pre-university studies at Annamalai University. Later, he obtained his B.Sc. in Physics from Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, India, in 1971 and then his Ph.D. in Physics from Ohio University in 1976. He then spent a year taking classes in biology at the University of California, San Diego while transitioning from theoretical physics to biology.
Background and research work
Venkatraman Ramakrishnan has published more than 95 research papers, the earliest being in 1977. In 2000, Venkatraman Ramakrishnan's laboratory determined the structure of the 30S subunit of the ribosome and its complexes with several antibiotics. He also published three papers about his ribosome research in the August 26, 1999, and September 21, 2000, issues of the journal Nature. This was followed by studies that provided structural insights into the mechanism that ensures the fidelity of protein biosynthesis. More recently, his laboratory has determined the atomic structure of the whole ribosome in complex with its tRNA and mRNA ligands. Ramakrishnan is also known for his past work on histone and chromatin structure.
Ramakrishnan is known for his work on the determination of the three-dimensional structure of the small ribosomal subunit and its complexes with substrates and antibiotics, which has shed light on the mechanism that ensures the fidelity of protein synthesis, and for his work on the structures of chromatin-related proteins.
Ramakrishnan was awarded the 2009 Nobel Prize in Chemistry along with Thomas A. Steitz and Ada Yonath. Ramakrishnan will be awarded the Nobel Prize along with one-third of the total prize money of 10 million Swedish kronor ($1.4 million), in a ceremony in Stockholm on December 10. Thus, he became the seventh Indian or person of Indian origin to win the Nobel Prize. Official Nobel Foundation website telephone interview audio with him is available here.  He is a Fellow of the Royal Society, and a member of EMBO and the U.S. National Academy of Sciences.
- ^ "Venki Ramakrishnan". Laboratory of Molecular Biology. 2004. http://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/ramak/. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- ^ "New Trinity Fellows". The Fountain, Trinity College Newsletter. https://alumni.trin.cam.ac.uk/design/pdfs/Fountainspring09.pdf. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- ^ "Dr. Venki Ramakrishnan". Trinity College, Cambridge. 2008. http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=176&conid=350. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- ^ Abadjiev, Stanislav P. (7 October 2009). "The Nobel Prize in chemistry is going to Ramakrishnan, Steitz, Yonath". Science Centric. http://www.sciencecentric.com/news/article.php?q=09100741-the-nobel-prize-chemistry-is-going-ramakrishnan-steitz-yonath. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- ^ 2009 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, Nobel Foundation.
- ^ Press Trust of India (PTI) (7 October 2009). "Venkatraman's teacher happy over ward's Nobel". Times of India. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Venkatramans-teacher-happy-over-wards-Nobel/articleshow/5098759.cms. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- ^ a b c Press Trust of India (PTI) (7 October 2009). "Venkatraman Ramakrishnan: A profile". Times of India. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Venkatraman-Ramakrishnan-A-profile/articleshow/5098151.cms. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- ^ "FACTBOX: Nobel chemistry prize - Who are the winners?". http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE5962EE20091007. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- ^ Sonwalkar, Prasun (October 8, 2009). "Venkatraman Ramakrishnan wins Nobel for Chemistry". Press Trust of India (PTI). http://www.ptinews.com/news/318589_Venkatraman-Ramakrishnan-wins-Nobel-for-Chemistry. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- ^ Associated Press (7 October 2009). "Profile: Dr Venkatraman Ramakrishnan". Indian Express. http://www.indianexpress.com/news/profile-dr-venkatraman-ramakrishnan/526251/. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- ^ "Publications (Venki Ramakrishnan)". Laboratory of Molecular Biology. http://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/ribo/homepage/ramak/ramak_publications.html. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- ^ "Welcome to the Ramakrishnan Lab web page". Laboratory of Molecular Biology. 2004. http://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/ribo/. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- ^ "About the PNAS Member Editor". PNAS. http://nrc88.nas.edu/pnas_search/memberDetails.aspx?ctID=20004810. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- ^ "All Nobel Laureates in Chemistry". Nobel Foundation. http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/chemistry/laureates/index.html. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- ^ Overbye, Dennis (October 7, 2009). "Three Win Nobel for Ribosome Research". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/08/science/08nobel.html?em. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- ^ "Venkatraman Ramakrishnan Audio Interview". Nobel Website. http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/chemistry/laureates/2009/ramakrishnan-interview.html. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- Venkatraman Ramakrishnan, homepage at MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology.
- Venkatraman Ramakrishnan, profile from Times Of India
i heard about this blog & get actually whatever i was finding. Nice post love to read this blogReplyDelete
GST consultant In Indore
digital marketing consultant In Indore
Always look forward for such nice post & finally I got you. Really very impressive post & glad to read this. Good luck & keep writing such awesome content. Best content & valuable as well. Thanks for sharing this content.ReplyDelete
Web Development Company in Greater Noida
Software development company In Greater noida
CMS and ED
Homoeopathic treatment for Psoriasis in greater noida
Medical Entrance Exams Classes In Gwalior
Benifit is a new virus that installs itself on your Yahoo accounts and pretends to be a legitimate antivirus program. The main feature of this scam is theBuy youtube accounts to steal your passwords & email ids. This software is continually being sold for a very cheap price on the Internet, promising that it will protect your accounts from being hacked. After downloading this software onto your computer, it will then pretend to scan your system and tell you that your Yahoo accounts have been infected with some invisible virus which needs to be removed before it does any damage.ReplyDelete
Here's a happy birthday wish: If you're reading thisBuy yahoo accounts, I'm assuming that you're either really happy or really sad. We all know that being happy is good (and staying in a positive state of mind helps with everything else in life) but sometimes happiness just seems to elude us. I think part of the reason that most people stay stuck in negativity is because they let themselves get so down, so much so that even happy thoughts are tainted by the sadness they feel deep down inside. The great news for all of us then, is that by staying focused on the things that make us really happy, we can find the magic happy box that just keeps spinning.ReplyDelete
The internet marketers buy snapchat accounts for increasing the promotion of their product. Pvanets have different packages so If you are a digital marketer then a snapchat account is the best solution to reach your product to the people. If you want to create snapchat accounts then you will fail because of unlimited accounts creation is not allowed . Moreover you will not get the unlimited facebook accounts or phone number number to create that. So what should you do? you should buy snapchat accounts from a trusted website. That’s why pvanets is at your service to provide a fresh snapchat account.ReplyDelete
buy snapchat account
Always look forward for such nice post & finally I got you. Really very impressive post & glad to read this. Good luck & keep writing such awesome content. Best content & valuable as well. Thanks for sharing this content.youtube pva accountsReplyDelete
This is a very informative post. I hope Author will be share more information in the future about this topic. My blog is all about that Non Surgical Hair Replacement | Clip-On Hair Patch | Wigs For Men In India & Hair_Fall_Treatment. To Book Your Service 📞+91-9873152223, +91-9250504810 and be our Happy Client. Click Here for Contact us at Whatsapp no: https://wa.me/919873152223. Address - Vardhman Diamond Plaza, First Floor D.B. Gupta Road Pahar Ganj New Delhi – 110055.ReplyDelete
This is an informative blog. If you are looking for an Online store for appliances. Feel free to visit Brands Direct Online to know more about our products.ReplyDelete
If you’re a business owner looking for bulk PVA Accounts to boost your marketing efforts, the right agency can be a major asset. buypvaaccounts.xyz is the best bulk PVA Accounts provider agency in the market. Buy PVA Accounts with premium quality at an affordable price.ReplyDelete
Buy PVA Accounts
Buy Gmail Accounts
Buy Facebook Accounts
Buy Instagram Accounts
buy naver accounts. 23 hours support and refund after any condition. Standard price and high quality. So lets order naver accountsReplyDelete
Buy Yahoo Accounts from us with standard price. Refund with any condition and full support. Yahoo accounts will be full workable.ReplyDelete